This year at the Mt. Vernon Education Foundation (MVEF) Black and Gold Gala we introduced a new pilot program entitled “Make A Wish” to support our MV teachers by providing a “wish” item to enhance educational attainment in the classroom. We intentionally limited our silent auction offerings to allow more wishes to be granted. MV Teachers submitted a total of 97 wishes totaling slightly over $30,000. Thanks to the generosity of our donors MVEF was able to grant 40% of the requested wishes completely. In addition, that left a remaining 32% that had been partially funded coupled with 25% that received no funding, 57% in total.
The MVEF Board of Directors believes in the potential and importance of this program in supporting our teachers in the classroom and positively impacting each of our MV students. We are thrilled to announce that MVEF will be granting 52% of all the partial or unfunded wish requests resulting in 95% of this year’s requests being funded in full! The remaining 5% other sources are being supported by an outside source or other funding resources have been identified to pursue.
This supplemental grant funding is for this year only.
We intend to offer this program again next year as a component of the MVEF Black and Gold Gala with some tweaks and modifications.
Thank you to all the individuals and donors that contributed to the success of this program!
Contact Renee, at Renee@MtVernonFoundation.org to learn how you or your business can be involved in this MVEF program.