Do you want to help inspire innovation, leadership, and excellence in our schools and our community?
Please join us in enhancing the educational experience for students in the Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation. MVEF is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization, whose purpose is to enhance the educational experience for students in Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation. The MVEF effectively does this by raising funds for special academic programs, scholarships, and other enriching opportunities through generous donations from the community, alumni, and donors. MVEF has been providing financial support to the Mt. Vernon Community School District since 2008.
- Event and campaign volunteers are crucial to support fundraising efforts intended to foster MVEF’s growth for the benefit of MVCSC students, schools, and the community
- Serve as an advocate for the importance of enhancing the educational experiences for students in the Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation
- Connect resources (volunteers, financial sponsorships, and in-kind donations) to MVEF
- Support friend/fundraising efforts intended to foster MVEF’s growth for the benefit of MVCSC students, schools, and community.
- Take a leadership role in advancing an area of interest for MVEF. These volunteers assess the current environment, identify gaps, outline potential solutions and recommend actions.
- Facilitate committee meetings and coordinate volunteer staffed projects needed to advance specified area(s) of interest.
- Attend one monthly general board meeting and one committee meeting.
- Provide a meaningful annual gift to MVEF and support MVEF initiatives.
The Board consists of a minimum of 15 community members serving staggered three-year terms. Board positions are filled based on the specific needs of the MVEF each year.