Since MVEF was established in 2007, all six schools and hundreds of Mt. Vernon teachers have been recipients of the grants.
Award Innovative & Engaging Grants
All students have been affected by educational enhancement resources provided by the MVEF throughout their educational journey.
As the District’s philanthropic partner, we support public education by partnering with private foundations, individual donors and corporate partners to make strategic program investments so that all Mt. Vernon students have the opportunity to succeed.
We understand how important these classroom grants are to help fund innovative, engaging, and transformative projects that really make a difference for your students. These projects help excite young minds beyond what school budgets may be available. Thank you for taking the time to apply for this grant, and for your commitment to the success of our students!
We encourage those who submit an application to promote their project through their personal and the Mt. Vernon Education Foundation social media platforms.
Instructions for MVEF Grant Applications
To apply, you must register using your district email address, then complete your project application(s). Once an application is submitted, it will go through a two-step approval process. The first step is for your principal, director of the curriculum, director of technology if applicable to approve or deny the project via an automated email. Next, Mt. Vernon Education Foundation Grant Committee will review the grant applications and recommend for approval to the MVEF Board of Directors.
Once your application is approved, you will be contacted and the project will be posted to the public site. Please keep in mind that all funded projects must be completed by May 15, 2021, and the required online impact report along with pictures must be submitted into the system at that time. Student thank you letters and photos of the project are also encouraged.
1. All grants are submitted thru the online application site and then distributed to the Mt. Vernon Education Foundation Grant Committee who evaluate each grant on the following criteria;
- Presentation of Grant Application– The application is professional, grammatically correct, follows format requirements, cites sources where appropriate, and includes pictures/visual aids when warranted.
- Innovation – Engaging, creative, or new pathways to learning are well documented and contained within the proposed program.
- Need/Benefit – Application identifies a need in the served population through documentation and research; application further ties program objectives to the need and how the need is addressed.
- Scope – Number of students and/or staff that will be impacted by the proposed grant.
- Length of Benefit – Will the proposed project have a long-term impact on student education or will it be a one-off experience?
- Proposed Budget – Budget is detailed in application that includes, vendor contact information, description, costs per item and is realistic considering the audience size and stated objectives. Budget should demonstrate effort at managing costs.
2. The Grant Review Committee meets to review all grant applications. For each request, the Grant Review Committee may recommend full funding, partial funding, or no funding.
3. The Mt. Vernon Education Foundation meets and votes on the proposed funding recommendations of the Grant Review Committee. The Grant Committee presents their recommendations to the Mt. Vernon Education Foundation Board of Directors. The Board Members consider each grant and vote to approve or modify funding recommendations.